During Lent this year, which begins on Wednesday 26th February, we will be running two programmes of Lent addresses on Sundays in March. At the Cathedral Eucharist at 9.45am, the addresses will be based on the theme of ‘The Way of Christ’ and at Evensong at 3pm on Sundays, the theme will be ‘The Church’s Modern Mission’. Some of the Evensong addresses will be followed by seminars and tea.
“The Way of Christ”
A series of addresses at the Cathedral Eucharist on Sundays at 9:45am. All are welcome.
- Sunday 1st March – The Way of Love; The Very Revd Dr Philip Buckler, former Dean of Lincoln
- Sunday 8th March – The Way of Simplicity; Brother Clark Berge, Society of St. Francis
- Sunday 15th March – The Way of Freedom; The Revd John Sclater, Hon. Priest Vicar
- Sunday 22nd March – The Way of Loyalty; The Revd Joanna Jepson, Army Chaplain
- Sunday 29th March – The Way of Life; Canon Caroline Boddington, The Archbishops’ Appointments Secretary
The Church’s Modern Mission
A series of addresses, sometimes with seminars and tea to follow*, on aspects of the Church’s contemporary mission. Each address will be part of Evensong at 3pm. All are welcome.
- Sunday 1st March – Mission in Education*; The Revd Dr Alan Flintham, Chaplain Derby Cathedral
- Sunday 8th March – Mission in Cathedrals*; The Very Revd Professor Martyn Percy, Dean of Christ Church, Oxford
- Sunday 15th March – Mission in Magnificat Parishes; The Rt Revd Ruth Worsley, Bishop of Taunton
- Sunday 22nd March – Mission in Music and Worship; Hugh Morris, Director, Royal School of Church Music
- Sunday 29th March – Mission among people of other faiths; The Revd Professor David Thomas FBA, Canon Theologian