There is availability to book a charity stall for the purpose of fundraising for your specific charity.
WELLS CITY COUNCIL
How to book the charity stall in Wells Market
In partnership between Wells City Council and Mendip District Council, a Charity Stall is available at the weekly Saturday Market. The stall must be booked in advance. There is currently no charge for the stall.
To book the charity stall contact Wells Town Hall Reception Monday - Friday 9am – 4pm. Telephone: 01749 673091 firstname.lastname@example.org
1) At the time of booking you must provide headed letter paper or similar documentation of the charity or organisation that you are raising money for, the charity number must be clearly displayed; this will be kept in our files.
2) You are required to have Public Liability Insurance cover for the stall, this is usually available free of charge through your charity.
3) You must inform the Market Manager* if you intend to sell food products as these may be subject to the food hygiene regulations enforceable throughout the market by law.
4) The stall can be booked for one session at a time only; block bookings are not accepted.
On the day
1. You are required to display a notice on the stall showing clearly:
-the name and address of the charity
-the Charity Registration Number
-the Public Liability insurance cover
The Market Manager may require evidence on the day that you are collecting for a bona-fide charity and that you have PL insurance cover.
2. You should arrive between 8-8.30am.
You should bring with you a table, an umbrella or gazebo in case of rain, and any other specific equipment advised by the Market Manager.
After you have set up you must remove your vehicle and park it elsewhere.
Please note that whilst all possible assistance will be given, the Market Manager has absolute discretion as to where the charity stall is located and is under no obligation to provide equipment of any kind.
The Market Manager has absolute discretion on use of the Charity Stall; his decision is final at all times.
S Luck, Town Clerk.
* Graham Jeffery, Market Manager,
Tel: 07870 584050
Click here to open a pdf of the above information in a new window.
(then simply right click and 'save as' to your computer)